The Stocking Chronicles

Friday, October 27, 2006

One more week to Reading Week! I'll be going to Scotland, so it'll be an interesting landmark to look forward to. When that's over it'll be just one more month before I finally go home..sigh, I think that I should settle down to the idea that I'll be here for quite a long period of time over the next three years. But even though most people have already done that..I can't..not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Geography is a really weird subject. So far I have learnt the history of Britain since the Roman conquest, the first law of thermodynamics and that oxygen isotope 18 is heavier than oxygen isotope 16 so O18 condenses first, so ice formation that is richer in O18 means a wetter climate. Or something like that.

Life is an endless wandering through piles and piles and piles of readings. Even though I have only 9 hours a week.

Most of the Oxford photos that are interesting are with Clarence, so it may be a good idea to go check out his blog in my links. But in the meantime, here are some:



This was taken on the bus on the way to Oxford. Quite a good shot, if I may say so myself considering the bus was going quite fast. Anyway, the little blobs are actually..hay bales. The sheep and horses were too small. Actually are there really sheep with black wool? Or do black sheep mean those with white wool but black faces?




























This is a photo of us with the Police Horses in the background. They deserve capitals because the policemen went to the extent of taping floresent tape just above their hooves. Funny huh. Anyway they were going to be used to intimidate protesters against animal testing.






















This is an extremely picturesque alleyway that went winding for a very long time - about 5 turns? One difference between an alley in Oxford and an alley in London is that the latter would almost definitely have broken glass and graffiti, and DEFINITElY stink of pee, whereas the former was nice, quiet and had grass growing out of the gaps between the cobbles. Ahh.

Tomorrow I am exploring the South Bank of london...interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home