The Stocking Chronicles

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Today, I spent 1 hour learning that what we have learnt about the Demographic Transition Model since secondary school and junior college is wrong. How sad. Considering that it was invented by someone whom I don't know yet but will find out soon who lived in Europe, it's rather saddening that it doesn't apply to Britain, but the population changes in th 1960s in India instead. It makes you wonder what did he base his data on...crystal balls?

I realise that my attention span has shortened drastically. Help! I am trying to start on my reading lists, but I'm already floundering through the first chapter...

As I am determined to be an anomaly in the trend that people who go to the UK to study come back significantly stouter, I have joined the gym at the price of 130 pounds per year - don't convert! Photocopying is 5 pence per piece, which is 15 cents - don't convert! Anyway, so I've been mantaining quite a consistent record of running or cycling every other day, and I shall actually attempt to go for a yoga class tomorrow. I just know I'm going to fall.

The weather is getting colder each day. I think my toothpaste is going to freeze soon - I leave it on the windowsill and it feels like it's been in the fridge each time I use it.

Back to my reading. It's killing me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home