The Stocking Chronicles

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I think I understand why a good conversation starter for British people is the weather - it's quite interesting! The weather is getting foggy, even though it's not that cold (20 degrees?), so that the top of towers look like this:














That is the top of the British Telecom tower obscured by mist as I walk to school. It's quite fun because you can pretend you are panting and watch your breath condense right in front of you.


At the same time, autumn is a really pretty time of the year as you can see from this wall in school:












I'm not sure what plant this is but it's really pretty - no wonder they shot several scenes from Harry Potter and Batman in school..


Life here is falling into a routine, but it's pretty meaningless. I wish I had some purpose to look forward to, but after doing some serious thinking..all I want to do is to go home...today marks one month that I have spent in london.

Meanwhile, I am learning some important housekeeping skills, such as handwashing my own clothes, as well as financial management. Next up: time management. I still can't figure that one out.

These are also some pictures that we took at the Tate museum of Modern Art:








I realise that most of my photos are of

the background rather than of myself. But anyway, Andy Warhol was the only artist I knew there, so I made sure I stood under his name..hee.

I have decided not to join choir. I just really really wish I'd brought my violin with me, but, ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home